We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a great deal over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many aspects of life have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
You may have noticed infection control has always been a top priority for Foley Vision Center. The measures we take in regard to the infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Please be aware that the infection control procedures we follow in our practice are to keep both our patients and staff safe.
Our office adheres to the recommendations made by the American Optometric Association (AOA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the guidelines of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance as they are issued. In doing so, we make sure that our infection control measures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
We are happy to announce we will begin seeing patients May 18, 2020. Please note our office hours have changed (see below). Also note that while we are seeing patients, our doors will still be closed allowing only patients in who have appointments via a phone call to the office:
*****Starting May 18, 2020 New Hours are: Monday thru Thursday 7am to 5pm and Fridays 7am-2pm.*****
When you come in for your next appointment you will see changes. However, rest assured you will still receive the quality care and see the eyes and voices of those you’ve come to trust. We have noted the changes below. Again please understand these changes have been put into place in order to help protect our patients and staff.
* Curbside service will continue to be provided when you’re picking up your contact lenses or glasses. We ask that you park your car on the west side of our building (in the 30 minute spaces). After you arrive call the office letting us know what type of car you are in. Someone will then be out to deliver your order.
* When you call to set a date for your appointment you will be asked additional health screening questions. Some of these questions will be asked again on the day of your appointment. After your appointment has been made you must go on our website https://www.foleyvisioncenter.com and complete your paperwork at least three working days prior to your appointment. Not receiving completed paperwork slows down our exams and places us behind schedule.
* We request that when you arrive for your appointment that you stay in your vehicle and call our office. Once our receptionist verifies your information one of our technicians will proceed to take your history and concerns about your vision over the phone. You will then be asked to put on your mask and proceed to our front entrance (if you do not have a mask one will be provided to you at the entrance). Children under two years of age will not need to wear a mask.
* One of our technicians will greet you at the door of our vestibule. Hand sanitizer will be dispensed to you, also your temperature will be taken. As stated above, if you do not have a mask, a mask will be provided to you. Another technician will escort you into the building and have you briefly meet with our receptionist before escorting you into an examination room.
* We are asking that adults come alone to their appointments and only bring another adult if they are their caregiver. If the appointment is for a child under the age of 16, only one parent is allowed to accompany them into the office.
* You may see that our reception area will no longer have chairs, magazines, coffee/tea, and children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
* Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling an appointment.
* We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe while at our practice. To request an appointment, please call our office at 541-342-4243 or visit our website at https://www.foleyvisioncenter.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.